Recipes: Egg Quesadillas To Go
In the pre-Surya days, breakfast was considered a luxury for the weekends. Post-Surya, I live in a 3-meals-a-day (for her) world which starts with warm milk and is followed by…BREAKFAST. As mornings get busier with school, commuting and work, squeezing in healthy, culinarily exciting, toddler friendly breakfasts is – well – challenging.
Three days a week, Surya and I commute into the city to school (for her) and work (for me). On those days, breakfast is on the go. This means I’m constantly trying to come up with easy breakfast ideas that travel well, are low mess and easy to eat with your hands. Egg Quesadillas are a staple go to – a quick 2 egg omelette topped with a thin layer of shredded cheddar cheese then a flour tortilla folded on itself and “glued” shut with another small sprinkle of cheese. Voila. Breakfast is served.
Egg and Cheese Quesadillas To Go
These egg and cheese quesadillas are great for busy parents and small toddler hands - easy to make and easy to eat yet full of protein and calcium. Time and logistics permitting, you can add a slice of ham or avocado into the middle of this quesadillas for added flavor and heft. And definitely don't limit this to just breakfast time.
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 flour tortilla
- Whisk 2 eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a little cooking oil in a skillet. Pour in the egg mixture and allow eggs to slightly set.
- Sprinkle a little cheese and lay the tortilla flat on top of the egg. Gently press down with spatula and allow egg to cook another 1-2 minutes until you can flip easily.
- Flip over then sprinkle a little more cheese on one half of the omelette. Fold the tortilla over onto the half with the cheese.
- Cook until golden on each side.
Copyright 2012 Half Pint Gourmet